31 Mar How to use Zoom – tips and useful links
Zoom may be new to some of you so I put together a short video with a few tips to help maximise your experience. Click here to see the video.
There are also other wonderful tips I have complied which can be accessed here.
- Making sure your sound and video works: at the start of a call select, ‘ join with computer audio’. Follow this link for more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
- Changing your layout: in order to view everyone in the class at the same time, select ‘gallery view’ in the RHL of your screen. Sometimes you need to hover your mouse there for the icon to appear. On an Ipad simply swipe accross. Follow this link for more information – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-How-Do-I-Change-The-Video-Layout-
- Staying on mute: it’s recommended that you stay on mute and only unmute yourself when you would like to say something. This way there won’t be background noise feeding through your microphone. You may find this link useful – https://www.wired.com/story/tips-for-using-zoom/
- Think about your actions on camera: Always remember that everyone can see you. Someone is watching as you take a big, wide-mouth yawn, stretch, or wander around the room. These exaggerated movements are distracting to the audience and can be disruptive to the speaker. Try to stay still and be attentive – or at least act attentive:).
- The chat icon is a practical tool as it allows you to copy down any relevant vocabulary without having it removed quickly.
- How to join a meeting on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-